We are organizing a contest for Original Songs using VOCALOID3 MAIKA. For participating you should create an original song with MAIKA and upload it to Youtube before 19th of May 2014.
Many people will think, how can I create a song with MAIKA if I don’t own MAIKA? ok you can download a FREE Vocaloid3 MAIKA TRIAL from http://www.voctro-vocaloid.com/maika that will allow you to use MAIKA with no limits for 14 consecutive days. You must be creative to create the vocal part of the song in only 14 days but at least you all have the chance to participate and even win if you are lucky.
The works that are eligible to participate must follow these guidelines:
- Vocaloid MAIKA should be the lead singer of the song, the song can contain other voices but MAIKA must be the lead singer.
- You can make MAIKA sing in any desired language.
- The melody, lyrics and background music (instrumental) must be an original composition by the author/s for the purpose of this contest. Covers or adaptations of existing songs will be disqualified from the contest.
- It is not required that the art and images in the video are original or created by the author but you need to credit the corresponding authors accordingly.
- There is no limit in the number of submissions per author and it is allowed to submit works from different authors or collectives.
- Most popular video
The author of the most popular video (see rating formula) that participates in the contest will win a physical copy of MAIKA Limited edition Boxed Version + Bruno & Clara boxed version.
- Second most popular video
The author of the second most popular video (see rating formula) that participates in the contest will win a download copy of MAIKA download version + Bruno & Clara download version.
- Third most popular video
The author of the third most popular video (see rating formula) that participates in the contest will win a download copy of either MAIKA download version or Bruno & Clara download version
- Voctro Labs favourite video
The Voctro Labs team will choose their favourite video and its author will win a physical copy of MAIKA Limited edition Boxed Version + Bruno & Clara boxed version.
On the 1st of June we will take all the videos uploaded between 20th of February 2014 and 19th of May 2014 from Youtube which contain “[MAIKA Original Contest]” label in the title and we will apply the following rating:
rating number = (Number of views / 10) + likes * 10 + comments1 * 5
(1) comments made by the owner of the video will not be considered for computing the final rating.
The highest the rating number the most popular the video is, so the videos with the highest resulting rating numbers will win. Taking into account that the limit date for participation is the 19th of May but we won’t decide the winner until the 1st of June, so the rating will be computed on the 1st of June.
In the following link you can see all participant songs (the page will be updated manually, so the last entries may not appear).
Good luck and be creative!!
- The Voctro Labs Team